6 Easy Steps to Obtaining your
California Provisional License
1. Be at least 15 ½ years old to take the written test at the DMV.
2. Obtain a Driver's Education Certificate and Proof of Enrollment from Melrose Driving School.
***You must be enrolled into a 6 hour Behind-The-Wheel package to take your permit test***
3. Complete 6 hrs of Driver's Training with our instructors.
4. Complete 50 hrs of Behind-The-Wheel training with your parent/guardian and have them sign your permit.
5. Once 6 months have completed from the 1st day of receiving your permit, you are eligible to take your drive test.
6. Make an appointment for your Behind-The_Wheel Driving Test at your local DMV
***To make an appointment you may call 1-800-777-0133 or make an appointment online at www.dmv.ca.gov.